Reverse Transfer


Transfer logo genericKBOR-ReverseTransfer

Beginning in the Fall of 2014, students who transfer to a Kansas public university from a Kansas public community college or technical college are eligible for Reverse Transfer, which allows for the attainment of any associate degree for which one is eligible along the way to additional certificates and degrees.  

Within a student's first year, or upon eligibility for reverse transfer, those who transfer coursework from a community college or technical college to a public university will be notified if they are eligible to be considered for reverse transfer degree status, and which courses are needed to finish the related degree.  To be eligible, a student must have completed at least 45 credit hours at one or more public community college or technical college in Kansas. Students who then complete the coursework for a given associate degree will be eligible to receive that degree, administered automatically by correspondence between the new institution and the community college or technical college the student last attended.

Students should contact the Registrar's Office of the institution they are attending for more information. 


  • Systemwide Reverse Transfer procedures are available here (pdf). 
  • Systemwide Reverse Transfer institutional contacts are available here (pdf).