The policies contained in the Kansas Board of Regents Policy Manual are subject to change by formal action of the Board. If ever there is a conflict between the provisions of the manual and the official minutes of the Kansas Board of Regents, the official minutes will control. The complete manual can be viewed by using the web version below or by downloading the PDF format.
Last revised May 19, 2022
I. Board of Regents Members, Operations and Staff Board of Regents Members, Operations and Staff
II. Governance - State Universities
III. Coordination - State Universities, Community Colleges, Technical Colleges Washburn University and/or Washburn Institute of Technology
Download: Kansas Board of Regents Policy Manual (pdf)
COVID-19 BOARD POLICY EXCEPTIONS, EXEMPTIONS OR SUSPENSIONS
The Kansas Board of Regents has taken action on the below policies to help ease the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Tenure for Tenure-Track Faculty Appointments policy - a one-time systemwide exception was approved for tenure-clock extensions granted based on COVID-19.
- See the April 15, 2020 Board agenda (page 55) and the April 15, 2020 Board minutes for details.
- Credit by Examination policy - one-time exception to the policy that will allow the state universities to use International Baccalaureate’s alternative framework for awarding credit for equivalent courses at the universities. See the May 20, 2020 Board agenda (page 88) and the May 20, 2020 Board minutes for details.
- Academic Calendar policy - temporary exception that allows the Board Chair and Board President to make revisions to a university academic calendar that are related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See the May 20, 2020 Board agenda (page 113) and the May 20, 2020 Board minutes for details.
- Auxiliary Enterprises policy - suspend from July 1, 2020 until June 30, 2021 the last sentence of Section II.D.10.b. See the June 17, 2020 Board agenda (page 84) and the June 17, 2020 Board minutes for details.
- Suspensions, Terminations and Dismissals - effective through December 31, 2022. See January 20, 2021 and February 17, 2021 Board minutes for details.