Transfer & Articulation

Transfer logo genericKBOR-CourseTransfer

The Kansas Board of Regents has now approved 46 courses for guaranteed transfer among all Kansas public postsecondary institutions.  A student who completes these courses at any Kansas public community college, technical college, or university can be certain that he or she can transfer that course to any other public institution in Kansas in pursuit of a degree or credential.

Course Equivalency Guides
(Please note: Kansas Regent Shared Numbers changed in Summer 2013.)

Click on any of the course names below to review the Course ID number, title, and number of credits assigned to that course at each public postsecondary institution in the system:



American Government Acting I Acting II
Chemistry I & Lab for Majors Anatomy & Physiology Art History I-Prehistoric to Medieval
College Algebra Art Appreciation Art History II-Renaissance to Contemporary
English Composition I Calculus I Chemistry II & Lab for Majors
English Composition II Ethics Childhood Growth & Development
General Biology & Lab for Non-majors History of World Civ. to 1500 Elementary Statistics
Introduction to Literature Human Lifespan/Devel. Psychology French I
Introduction to Psychology Introduction to Computers & Applications Introduction to Linguistic Anthropology
Introduction to Sociology Introduction to Cultural Anthropology Logic and Critical Thinking
Microeconomics Introduction to Philosophy Music Theory
Macroeconomics Introduction to Political Science Social Problems
Physical Science I & Lab Music Appreciation Spanish II
Physics I & Lab Physics II & Lab Stagecraft
Public Speaking Spanish I Theatre Practicum
US History to 1877 Theatre Appreciation  
US History since 1877    
World Regional Geography     

Click here to download the Complete System-wide Course Matrix (pdf) 

Transfer and Articulation Policy

  • Click here to review current Kansas Board of Regents' Transfer and Articulation policies.


Transfer logo genericKBOR-ReverseTransfer

Beginning in the Fall of 2014, students who transfer to a Kansas public university from a Kansas public community college or technical college (or vice versa) are eligible for Reverse Transfer, which allows for the attainment of any associate degree for which one is eligible along the way to additional certificates and degrees.

Within a student's first semester, those who transfer coursework from a public university, community college or technical college will be notified if they are eligible to be considered for reverse transfer degree status, and which courses are needed to finish the related degree.  Students who then complete the coursework for a given associate degree will be eligible to receive that degree, administered automatically by correspondence between the new institution and the university, community college or technical college the student last attended.

Contact the Registrar's Office of the institution which you are attending for more information.