Review the documentation below to submit new programs for approval.
Policies and procedures for new program approval are found in Chapter II, Section A of the Policy Manual.
New Program Proposals:
- The new form contains all requirements necessary for program approval.
- Access the bachelors and masters New Program Proposal Form (doc).
New Minor Without Major Proposals:
Proposed University Programs:
- Pittsburg State University - Associate of Applied Science in Career & Technical Education (pdf)
- Emporia State University - Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Entrepreneurship (pdf)
- Emporia State University - Master of Arts in Applied Sociology (pdf)
- University of Kansas - Master of Arts in Organizational Communication (pdf)
- Kansas State University - Associate of Applied Science in Unmanned Aircraft Systems (pdf)
- Kansas State University - Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science (pdf)
COMMUNITY COLLEGES & TECHNICAL COLLEGES
Policies/procedures for approval of courses and programs are found in Chapter III, Section A of the Policy Manual.
New Technical Program(s) Forms and Documents:
- CA1 New Program Request Form (2020) (doc)
- CA1a Fiscal Summary for New Program Request Form (2020) (doc)
- CA1b Excel in CTE Fee Summary for New Programs Form (2020) (doc)
- CA1c Perkins Eligibility Request Form (2020) (doc)
- 2020-2021 New Technical Certificate and AAS Program Approval Schedule(pdf)
Program Modification(s) Forms and Documents:
Associate Degree in Technical Studies Forms and Documents:
- Guidelines for AAS in Technical Studies Degree (pdf)
- AAS in Technical Studies Q & A (pdf)
- CA3 AAS in Technical Studies Program Request Form (doc)
Business and Industry Training Forms and Documents:
- Business and Industry Training Course Approval Form (xls)
- Business and Industry Training Guidelines (doc)
Out of Service Area Instruction Approval:
- Out of Service Area Authorization Request - Institutions (doc)
- Out of Service Area Approval Request - Kansas Board of Regents (doc)
Proposed Community College & Technical College Programs:
- Cowley Community College - 46.0201 Carpentry/Construction Trades
- Garden City Community College - 11.1006 Computer Support Specialist
- Kansas City Kansas Community College - 15.0406 Automation Engineer Technology
- Kansas City Kansas Community College - 15.1102 Surveying Technology
- Neosho County Community College - 51.3103 Dietary Manager
- Wichita State University Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology - 48.0507 Tooling and Fixture Fabrication
- Wichita State University Campus of Applied Sciences and Technology - 49.1099 Unmanned Aircraft Systems