Course Transfer logo

The Kansas Board of Regents has now approved 46 courses for guaranteed transfer among all Kansas public postsecondary institutions.  A student who completes these courses at any Kansas public community college, technical college, or university can be certain that he or she can transfer that course to any other public institution in Kansas in pursuit of a degree or credential.

Course Equivalency Guides
(Please note: Kansas Regent Shared Numbers changed in Summer 2013.)

Click on any of the below course names to review the Course ID number, title, and number of credits assigned to that course at each public postsecondary institution in the system:



American Government         Acting I     Acting II
Chemistry I & Lab for Majors         Anatomy & Physiology     Art History I-Prehistoric to Medieval
College Algebra         Art Appreciation     Art History II-Renaissance to Contemporary
English Composition I         Calculus I     Chemistry II & Lab for Majors
English Composition II         Ethics     Childhood Growth & Development
General Biology & Lab for 
        History of World Civ. to 1500     Elementary Statistics
Introduction to Literature         Human Lifespan/Devel. Psychology     French I
Introduction to Psychology         Introduction to Computers & Applications     Introduction to Linguistic
Introduction to Sociology         Introduction to Cultural Anthropology     Logic and Critical Thinking
Microeconomics         Introduction to Philosophy     Music Theory
Macroeconomics         Introduction to Political Science     Social Problems
Physical Science I & Lab         Music Appreciation     Spanish II
Physics I & Lab         Physics II & Lab     Stagecraft
Public Speaking         Spanish I     Theatre Practicum
US History to 1877         Theatre Appreciation      
US History since 1877                
World Regional Geography                 


Download: Complete System-wide Course Matrix (pdf) 

Reverse Transfer logo

Beginning in the Fall of 2014, students who transfer to a Kansas public university from a Kansas public community college or technical college (or vice versa) are eligible for Reverse Transfer, which allows for the attainment of any associate degree for which one is eligible along the way to additional certificates and degrees.

Within a student's first semester, those who transfer coursework from a public university, community college or technical college will be notified if they are eligible to be considered for reverse transfer degree status, and which courses are needed to finish the related degree.  Students who then complete the coursework for a given associate degree will be eligible to receive that degree, administered automatically by correspondence between the new institution and the university, community college or technical college the student last attended.

Contact the Registrar's Office of the institution which you are attending for more information.



You can review current Kansas Board of Regents' Transfer and Articulation policies... Read more. 

Transfer and Articulation Council

Membership of the Transfer and Articulation Council, with oversight responsibility of implementing.. Read more.

2014 Annual KCOG Meeting

Each year faculty participate in the Kansas Core Outcomes Group Project to articulate... Read more.

Kansas Core Outcome Groups

Each course has core outcomes, which are observable and measurable actions that students... Read more.

Institutional Transfer Information

To learn more about the transfer of credits between institutions and articulation agreements... Read more.