Obtaining a Transcript from a Closed Private Postsecondary Institution

The Kansas Board of Regents will provide copies of transcripts to students from closed Private Postsecondary Schools upon request.  The procedure for obtaining transcripts from a closed school is as follows:

Complete the Closed School Request for Transcript form with the following information:

  • Name as it was when student attended school (i.e.; maiden name)
  • The last four digits of the Social Security Number
  • Name of the institution attended
  • Address when attending 
  • Current phone number
  • Complete address where transcript is to be sent

This request must be mailed with $10.00 in cash or money order to the following address (personal checks are not accepted): 

Kansas Board of Regents
1000 SW Jackson Street, Suite 520
Topeka, KS  66612-1368
Attn: Private Postsecondary Education

From the date a request is received it can take 10 days to retrieve records from archives and process the request for a transcript.

The State of Kansas has records from the following closed schools:

American Career College Hays Pathology Lab
Amtech Kansas Massage Institute
BMSI Institute LLC Mid-American Training Center
Bryan Institute Office Edge Computers
Central Business College Platt of Overland Park
Clark's School of Business Remington College
Climate Control Institute Salt City Business College
ComputerTraining.com at Kansas City Southern Technical College
Cranford Business College United Technical Institute
Dental Career Academy of Topeka Wichita Automotive
Draughon Business College Wichita Business College
ECPI Wichita Drafting College