Learn about the eligibility requirements for numerous financial aid awards available in the State of Kansas and other general information.
1. You must complete and submit the State of Kansas Student Aid Application IF, AND ONLY IF, you want to apply for any of the following programs: Kansas Ethnic Minority Scholarship, Kansas Nursing Service Scholarship, Kansas State Scholarship, or the Kansas Teacher Service Scholarship.
2. Read the descriptions and criteria for each program before you apply. If you do not meet the minimum legislated criteria of a program, you cannot be considered for funding.
3. The priority deadline date to process this STATE application is May 1. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) priority deadline is April 1.
4. If you do not submit BOTH applications (See #3) to the correct addresses on the application, your file is incomplete and you will not be included in the applicant pool.
COMMON ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
5. Each program listed requires the recipient to:
6. A complete application requires:
USE OF FEDERAL APPLICATION (FAFSA)
7. Many FAFSA questions are used to determine eligibility for the State of Kansas programs. Complete the FAFSA carefully and accurately. Otherwise, your scholarship application may be rejected. You may estimate adjusted gross income and federal taxes paid when you complete the FAFSA, in order to meet application priority deadlines.
8. Provide a return address on your envelope. Your only proof of non-delivery will be your returned envelope. Use enough postage so your application can be delivered. Use first class mail, regular delivery only.
9. If you have general questions about the student financial aid application process, contact the financial aid office of your first college choice. If you have further questions about the Kansas student financial aid programs described in these instructions, contact: