Accessing KBOR 403(b) Retirement Plan funds
|Emporia State University
|Fort Hays State University
|Kansas State University
|University of Kansas
|University of Kansas Medical Center
|Pittsburg State University
|Wichita State University
|Kansas Board of Regents Office
Before using PWE, you must do the following:
1. You must have an email address to enter in the PWE site.
2. Add email@example.com to your email contacts list to ensure that you receive all communications from planwithease.com.
3. Enable or allow "pop-up" windows from planwithease.com in your internet browser by going to your Windows explore toolbar, clicking on "Tools" then "Pop-up Blocker" and selecting "Click-Off Pop-up Blocker."
|If you are accessing funds because your employment has ended, you will not be able to print an approval letter in PWE until at least 5 working days after the date of your last pay check from the State University.|
To use PWE:
1. Go to www.planwithease.com.
2. Click on "Login." For new users, select the "Click Here For Help Logging in Including First Time Users" to the right of the User ID box and follow the instructions. (Your initial user ID is your nine-digit Social Security Number and your password is your birthday in MMYY format.) After you successfully change your userid/password, please log out then log back in using the new info to ensure all account information has been updated.
3. NOTE: If you have difficulty logging in or your account becomes disabled, contact PWE toll-free at 1-855-464-6928, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. central time, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add the name of the KBOR institution where you were last employed to the email (e.g., ESU, FHSU, KSU, KU-Lawrence, KU-Medical Center, PSU, WSU, KBOR Office).
4. Select the Plan (Mandatory or Voluntary) that you need to access.
5. On the top menu, hold the pointer over "Request Transactions" to see the drop down box of transactions available to you. Select the correct transaction.
6. Follow the instructions for completing the request. It is very important that you select the appropriate item in the drop-down box(es) for your transaction. You may need to contact your retirement provider if you have questions on how to complete the request.
7. Click "Submit" when you have entered all required information.
8. You will then see a confirmation of the requested transaction. Click "I Agree" if the information is correct.
9. You will then see another confirmation of your request and a notice that an approval letter is ready for download. You can click on the "Open Notice" link to open the document. You can also find the letter in "Documents" form the top menu, then "Reports/Letters." Print the approval letter. The approval letter serves as the employer's signature and authorization for the requested transaction.
10. Return the approval letter along with any paperwork required by your provider to the retirement provider from which you are requesting funds.
NOTE: Requests for Hardship Withdrawal and Residential Loan and Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs) require that documentation be mailed or faxed to 866-771-5047 to planwithease.com for review before approval can be granted. After you have signed into the PWE website, for additional Hardship Withdrawal and Residential Loan information, look under "Documents" and "Forms" and for additional QDRO info, look under "QDRO." (*Addresses - regular mail: Planwithease.com, P.O. Box 5054, Minot, ND 58702 or overnight mail: Planwithease.com, 2000 21st Ave NW, Minot, ND 58702).
If you have questions, you can access the Participant User Guide once you log on to planwithease.com
|*Under the Mandatory Plan, ING and TIAA-CREF are the only approved investment providers, as well as the deselected providers Lincoln National and Security Benefit Group. Here is a link for a list of approved Voluntary Plan investment providers. www.kansasregents.org/vtsa|
To access funds from non-approved investment providers, the Human Resources/Benefits Office of the state university where you last were employed will need to sign off on the paperwork. (See contact listing below.)
Please note: income derived from the KBOR 403(b) Mandatory and Voluntary plans is currently exempt from Kansas State income tax. See Kansas Department of Revenue Tax Notice 05-05. If you have questions about this notice or its application, please contact the Department of Revenue (785) 368-8222, visit their web site at www.ksrevenue.org or consult your tax or financial advisor.
if you need further assistance, please contact the Human Resources/Benefits Office of the state university where you were last employed by using the following contact list.
Emporia State University
|Judy Anderson||(620) 341-5379|
Fort Hays State University
|Shannon Lindsey||(785) 628-5326|
|Geralyn Allen||(785) 628-4458|
Kansas State University
|Benefits Office||(785) 532-6277|
Pittsburg State University
|Human Resources||(620) 235-4191|
University of Kansas
|University of Kansas - Lawrence|
|Benefits Office||(785) 864-4946|
|Medical Center - Kansas City|
|John Matzedar||(913) 588-5080|
|Medical Center - Wichita|
Wichita State University
|Kim Cinelli||(316) 978-6121|
|Micah Thompson||(316) 978-3079|
Board of Regents Office
|Human Resources||(785) 296-3421|
KBOR Loan Certification Form (use this form if PWE is not an option that works for you)
KBOR Hardship Request Form (use this form if PWE is not an option that works for you)