This is the first of three sequential College and Career Readiness Standards (CCRS) Institutes that build upon each other. Successful completion of Institute I is required in order to register for Institute II. Each Institute I strand is certificate-eligible.
There are two strands of College and Career Readiness Standards (CCRS) Institute I training. Attendees will need to select one of the two areas, either Math or English Language Arts (ELA). Both provide instruction on four foundational units to help educators understand the necessary curriculum and instructional changes to meet the demands of the College and Career Readiness Standards.
Dates and times for both Math and ELA Institute I trainings will be the same. To reduce program travel expenses, each will be offered at both Great Bend and Lawrence. A minimum of 10 participants are required for each area of training at each location. Program directors will be notified if a location does not meet the minimum number of participants. Participants WILL have the option of changing training locations. This will be the final Institute I training offered in FY17.
The CCRS Institute I Math training will cover:
- Unit 1. Focusing on the Major Work of the Level
- Unit 2. Thinking Across Levels to Connect Learning
- Unit 3. Engaging the Three Levels of Rigor
- Unit 4. Connecting Standards for Mathematical Practice to Content
The CCRS Institute I ELA training will cover:
- Unit 1 Connecting the College and Career Readiness Standards to the Key Advances
- Unit 2 Selecting Texts Worth Reading
- Unit 3 Identifying Questions Worth Answering
- Unit 4 Creating High Quality Writing Prompts
- Provide an opportunity to delve deeply into the contents of the College and Career Readiness (CCR) Standards for Adult Education and their implications for adult education.
- Share a practical and transferable understanding of the key advances in instruction embedded in the Math or ELA CCR Standards (determined by registration) and the research base that supports them.
Thursday, January 26, 2017 | Noon – 5:00pm (Lunch is NOT provided)
Friday, January 27, 2017 | 8:00am – 11:30am
NOTE: Weather make-up dates for CCRS Institute I will be February 2 and 3, 2017.
Great Bend CCRS Institute I
Barton Community College
245 NE 30 Road
Great Bend, KS 67530
Lawrence CCRS Institute I
Lawrence Adult Education Center
Lawrence, Kansas 66046
Registration Fees and Deadlines:
Registration is $100 per participant; covers training, materials, and breaks only (no meals provided)
(NOTE: Because the trainings are offered concurrently, each participant can only attend only Math or ELA.)
The registration deadline is January 12, 2017.
Registration and Payment Information:
In order to register, please complete the online registration form below and submit a copy of your email confirmation with payment or properly signed purchase order to -
Kansas Board of Regents
Attn: Warren Lampe
1000 SW Jackson Street, Suite 520
Topeka, KS 66612-1368
Questions? Call 785-430-4285 or 785-430-4284
A confirmation email will be sent to the email address provided after your registration has been received.
(Note: invoice and receipt will be sent to the Program Director’s email address, as well as any billing email address provided.)
After registration is complete a confirmation email will be sent to the Program Director’s email address.
* Required information.